Old September 12th 12, 03:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default Butterfly external display questions

On Tuesday, September 11, 2012 1:19:30 PM UTC-7, Andy wrote:

Butterfly did answer my questions a day after forwarding the email to Kuhlke. Kuhlke declined to comment on the light leak photos but did offer to evaluate the unit if I sent it together with return shipping.

I'll share the Butterfly reply here since I know of no other forum for discussing this equipment. This was my second pass at these question and the additional detail of the first pass questions is not included:

I would like an answer from Butterfly whether the light leaks are a defect or if this is typical of all production units.

....It is within the framework of the tolerances and quite normal.

If the hole is for the alerter, I suspect the path to the sound element is

blocked.
...We donīt want a path because of wetness and it donīt have influence on our sound volume tests.

Based on this reply I assume my display is typical of current production.

Andy