Old July 25th 19, 09:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul T[_4_]

Default Canadian pilot posts ILLEGAL flight into US on OLC

At 07:10 25 July 2019, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Wednesday, July 24, 2019 at 10:22:27 PM UTC-4, 2G wrote:
This pilot made a DEEP entry into the US w/o, apparently,

following the
laws of the US:

https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3....ightinfo.html?

dsId=7436890

Here is what you have to do PRIOR to flying into the US,

regardless of
whether or not you are a US citizen:

https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/publ...tions/airspace
/

Here is just one excerpt:

All civil, private aircraft entering the U.S. must first land at an

airport of entry before continuing to their destinations, unless

other
arrangements are made with U.S. CBP.

The penalties for violating these laws is pretty stiff, including

confiscation of the offending aircraft. And, if you are going to break

US
law anyhow, DON'T post your flight on the Internet!

This flight would have never happened in the winter months, all

the
Canadians would be in Florida.

********, that's when the wave of the Rockies is usually the best,
maybe you have seen some of Chester's earlier flights. Nobody
mentioning Kieth Essex's flights across the border into Canada a few
years ago I see. I guess you guys should be afraid -War of 1812.
FFS what a thing to post -did you check the facts first with the pilot
about what happened before posting?