Old January 1st 05, 09:52 PM
Don Hammer

No, only passenger jets are required to have them.

Bob Moore

Not quite true. All turbine aircraft with over 6 passenger seats are
now required to have a TAWS and a CAS system and virtually all
corporate operators have installed them years ago. I installed TCAS II
in my company Gulfstream before it was even mandated by the airlines.

I haven't seen a corporate jet delivered in the last 20 or so years
that didn't have cockpit equipment much better than any airliner.
Typically, all corporate jets get EGPWS and TCAS with HUD and EVS on
the larger ones.

The ones that come kicking and screaming into the 21st century are the
airlines and charter operators. Because of cost, they won't install
any equipment that is not required for regulation or the route.

http://www.usenet.com