Old April 9th 08, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Moller Skycar

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 21:52:40 -0600, "Nunya"
highflyerathoverbaticsdotcom wrote:

How is it that a guy like moller can get millions to develop a skycar, but
then resorts to using 8 go-cart engines for power? That sounds like an
engine I would have to resort to using on my homebuilt pipedream, not the
first choice for a 25 million dollar investment. For that kind of money you
could build an entire engine factory devoted to skycar engines, no?

Perhaps, but don't forget how much it costs for Moller to while away
his days giving interviews.

I guess
I know the answers to these questions, I was just hoping to find someone to
agree with me.

By now Moller's M.O. is pretty obvious: one delay after another,
decade after decade. Here's a sample of what the next
just-a-little-bit-longer press release might look like.

*********
Great news about Skycar's progress! Moller International is today
announcing to its investors and daydreamers that exhaustive testing of
our amazing rotary powerplants has proven that they are not quite yet
up to our high standards. You all agree with high standards, right?
Good, we thought so. Therefore our next step will be to start our
engine... development program all over again, an intensive process
that will include many press releases and interviews.
PS Rome wasn't built in a day, and we're checking to see if took
less time than building the Skycar.
PPS To those who claim that we never have product to sell, keep in
mind that we have lots of hats and mugs ready for shipment.

Wayne