Old December 15th 17, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

Default Multiple varios

On Friday, December 15, 2017 at 10:00:02 AM UTC-7, Tango Eight wrote:
On Friday, December 15, 2017 at 10:12:52 AM UTC-5, krasw wrote:
I have yet to fly a glider which has electrical and mechanical variometer that display identical signal all the time. Until then i feel that both mechanical and electrical variometers give more information about the airmass than single one.

Mechanical plays hell with modern (pressure transducer type) electric on same TE circuit. In that event, the mechanical may well be giving the better information.

Results vary depending upon pneumatic impedance of your TE probe and other things...

best,
Evan Ludeman / T8

One mechanical(Sage)on a TE probe and one Westerboer STF with Electronic Compensation. Seems to be an ideal combination. Always check the Sage before I turn.

Mike