Old June 11th 19, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default Problem With Powerflarm Firmware Update?

Flarmnet has published bogus files before. I have d/l'ed files that just plain did not work in various displays.

So roll back the flarmnet data file too. Bogus file may have exposed a bug in CN2 (pure speculation on my part).

Evan

On Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at 10:48:12 AM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
Ramy,

Flarm targets appear on the PowerFlarm portable display but not on the
ClearNav II display or my wife's Streak/XCSoar.Â* ADS-B and PCAS
targets/alerts appear on the CN II, but Flarm targets do not.

Richard,

My USB sticks have never seen an Apple product.

Evan,

My upgrade process is to have the CN II upgrade files/structure on the
USB stick that I use for my CNvXC and my CNvXC upgrade files are loaded
on my CN II stick.Â* That way I don't have to run back and forth to the
computer to move/remove files.Â* I've done it this way for a long time
without problems.Â* The problem only appeared with the PowerFlarm 6.67
update and the new Flarmnet data.fln file which I installed at the same
time.Â* I think the easiest thing I can do is roll back the PF portable
to 6.60 and see what happens...

On 6/11/2019 7:59 AM, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
On Monday, June 10, 2019 at 6:16:19 PM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:
Flarmnet has no impact other than showing the contest number instead of flarm ID. So is the issue that flarm Target was showing up but not recognizable, or not showing at all?

Ramy

Dan,

Did you ever put the USB drive in an apple computer. Or did you download the firmware with and apple computer. Powerflarm does not work well with Apples. Some will say it works with an emulator. But almost all calls I get about firmware problems are related to customer trying to use an Apple computer for USB stick that has been used in an apples computer.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

--
Dan, 5J