Old January 18th 05, 10:48 PM
Dudley Henriques

Hi Jack;
(Bet nobody says hello to you walking up the steps to get on an airliner
do they :-)
With your time, you won't have a bit of trouble either way you go. The
whole thing about high wings and low wings is WAY over done. The
differences can be pointed out and taken care of in a single dual
session, and once learned, simply become part and parcel of any good
pilot's ability to fly a SEL airplane.
As for the "fun aspect" of it between the two choices....I can tell you
that the most fun I've had in flying was flying an airplane where I
couldn't see the wings at ALL!!! :-))
Dudley

"Jack Allison" wrote in
message ...
I find myself in the position of having just under 200 hours in Cessna
172s/152s (99% C-172 time), approximately 9 hours in an Archer, and in
the process of making an offer on an Arrow. So, I'm well on my way
from being a high wing to low wing convert. I'm wondering how many
other folks out there did their primary training with the wing on the
top then switched to flying (or even better, buying) one with the wing
on the bottom...or even the other way around? Any issues,
likes/dislikes about the transition?

It's funny because I started out researching Cardinals (still like
them, have yet to fly one but really want to some day). Two weeks
ago, things shifted gears with a different partner on a possible
Cherokee. Then, a week ago, this same partner has a friend who found
a really nice '67 Arrow that the three of us are going to make an
offer on. Adding it all up, four potential partnership prospects and
four aircraft prospects (first potential partner bought himself a
C-172 XP and offered me 1/2...I declined based on a questionable
engine). The Arrow deal isn't done yet but it's interesting to see
how things have twisted and turned a bit in the last few months. One
thing is for sure, I've definitely hooked up with a couple of partners
that I'm very comfortable with. That in and of itself has been worth
it. Should the Arrow deal fall apart, plan-B just might be a two way
deal on a Cherokee.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL, IA Student, Student Arrow Buyer

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci