Old June 4th 05, 11:56 PM
Casey Wilson

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...

I know its not a big deal, but I was just wondering, what
do all the other Warrior people use?

When we owned a Warrior we always called ourselves "Warrior 33431" to
ATC, and never had a problem.

Our problems began when we started calling ourselves "Pathfinder
56993." NO ONE knows what a Pathfinder is, cuz Piper only made a
relative handful of them before changing the name to "Dakota" -- which
everyone seems to know.

Thus, we have taken to calling ourselves "Dakota 56993" rather than
hassle with the explanations.

I don't think you'll have any trouble calling yourselves a Warrior. If
they change it to "Cherokee" I suppose that's there choice.
--
Jay Honeck

I use "Skyhawk nnnn" in the 172, consistently. The only time I've
ever had ATC come back and ask for more was in a different airplane and I
called in "Commuter nnnn."