Old August 27th 06, 12:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Slick

Default CFI-G Check Ride

Jim Stokes from Columbus, Ohio. Unfortunately we're in an odd situation here
in the Cleveland region. We have no glider examiners associated with
Cleveland FSDO, so we have to outsource to Columbus. That usually gets us
another examiner for CFI-G, but I'm a special case. I'm an initial CFI and
that requires the Feds to issue the exam. So because of all that, no one has
ever taken a ride with him from our club.
"Bullwinkle" wrote in message
It all depends on your examiner, at your airfield. I'm sure lots of folks
will answer your question with a lot of local knowledge ("My DPE or FSDO
examiner did it this way, and was really interested in .... [Pick a
topic]."), or grossly outdated, and thus useless, info ("When I took my
initial CFIG ride in 1976....")

Assuming you know your stuff, and have gone through the PTS in minute
detail, with one or more CFIG's, then the only useful intel you should be
gathering will come from folks who have taken practical tests from your
examiner. They each have their favorite topics, favorite emergency
procedures, and favorite items of emphasis. Knowing what they are for your
examiner can give you a slight, but real, advantage. The only way to find
that out is to get reports from prior examinees.

If you're willing to share your location or DPE's name, perhaps you'll get

useful tidbit or two.

Best of luck on your practical test!
Bullwinkle

On 8/26/06 9:33 PM, in article ,
"Slick" wrote:

Any last words of wisdom for the initial glider CFI applicant?

News==----
Newsgroups

=----