Old January 23rd 04, 05:32 AM
Fred J. McCall

"Jim Carriere" wrote:

:"Kristan Roberge" wrote in message
: How often do you strike 4 pounds of bird? Other than ducks and geese, I can't
: think of many 4 pound birds you might run a plane into.
:
:Um, there's lots... I've dodged plenty of hawks and buzzards- big ones over
:5 foot wingspan too. It depends what area you fly in I guess.
:
:Buzzards aren't God's smartest creatures either, they don't seem to yield to
:anything no matter how big it is. (Even seagulls will give you right of way
:if they see you in time.)

Yeah. I still recall the flight out of Dallas where we took a bird
strike to one of the engines by a turkey buzzard. Big and not very
smart.

--
"Rule Number One for Slayers - Don't die."
-- Buffy, the Vampire Slayer