Old August 21st 03, 10:26 PM
John T

"JerryK" wrote in message

There are many memory leaks and other issue with the CF. Check the
newsgroup microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework for the
details. The CF is getting better, but still has a ways to go.

I've been following that group for a few months, but I wouldn't go so far as
to say it's "unfortunate" a developer chose to use the CF. Most of the
memory issues (many reports of "leaks" are not actual leaks) I've seen have
been due to either custom unmanaged code or poor resource management
(usually an indication of poor development habits gained in desktop
development).

I will grant you that the CF needs to improve, though. The lack of tooltips
and context-sensitive help, for instance, are quite significant since they
are requirements for the logo program. Therefore, any CF-based app cannot
be certified on the PocketPC/Windows Mobile platform.

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/tknoFlyer