Old January 12th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Backup vacuum systems

wrote:
Anyone have any experience with or comments about the manifold pressure
based standby vacuum system vs a separate electrical driven vacuum
pump? Other than the price difference. I want to install a backup and
am interested in getting some info.

Regards,
Jerry

I have the Precise Flight Manifold vacuum system backup in my Archer.

Installed in 1998.

Used once in 2001 in IMC at 6000 ft over AR. IT WORKED!
I had to throttle back some but no trouble holding altitude.
Talked to ATC and they called around to find a shop that could do the
repair.
Once on the ground you don't take off again.
Landed and left the next morning with a new Sigma Tek dry pump
Now have about 500 hrs on it with their recomended 1200 hr replacement.

Chuck