Old April 7th 05, 08:09 AM
RST Engineering

MOAs don't "allow" anybody. They simply give you VFR advisories and vectors
for military aircraft.

Remember, if a F-117 hits you, both of you die. This is to the military
advantage to avoid. Just talk to Joshua Approach and they will do their
best to keep you from hitting military aluminum.

Jim

"Jonathan Sorger" wrote in message
I plan on taking my first trip from the Bay Area to Death Valley (
Furnace Creek) next week. I was wondering if I could pick the brains of
those familiar with the area.

It looks like Porterville - Kern Valley - China Lake is the safest route
to take. I have had a mountain checkout and am not thrilled about
staying below 1500' AGL to keep out of the MOAs in the Sierra Nevada
range.

I realize that you contact Joshua Approach for the MOA status - can
anyone clue me in to whether or not they typically allow civilian
aircraft through at other altitudes during their operational hours?

Thanks,