Old February 21st 06, 01:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Dead DG

Lethal instruments, i.e. things that can kill me if they go toes up in
IMC are always replaced with new, not rebuilts... Non lethal
instruments can be rebuilts, used, whatever... The lethal instruments
on the panel to me are the AH, speedo, T&B, altimeter, whiskey
compass... Most everything else is in the nice but not lethal
catagory... Your DG is a grey area... If you feel you MUST have the
autopilot in IMC, then the DG becomes a lethal instrument... Your
call...

denny