Old July 30th 13, 12:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BobW

Default When are thermals not circular and do thermal helpers assumethat they are?

On 7/29/2013 10:03 AM, Luke Szczepaniak wrote:
On 07/29/2013 12:00 PM, son_of_flubber wrote:
I'm starting to think that the textbook circular thermal is primarily a
flatland phenomena.

Not even in the flat lands - the textbook circular thermal is an approximation!

Cheers,
Luke

People like Son of Flubber tick me off. He seems to have learned "circular
thermal" closely approximates an oxymoron far more quickly than I ever did. In
any event, "What Luke said!"

"Circular thermal" is a great place to start in book-learnin' terms. Reality,
on the other hand...

Bob - :-) - W.