Old October 17th 17, 03:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Region 6 North Contest Poll

R6North Contest Poll

Dear SSA Members:

I'm gauging pilot interest in competing at a R6 North Contest to be held either at Ionia, Owosso, or Lenawee County (Adrian) airports in late June or July 2019.

Both the Adrian Soaring Club and Sandhill Soaring Club (my home club) have expressed an interest in hosting a regional contest, which would be the first time in nearly two decades either of the two clubs hosted a cotnest. At a time when gliderports are shutting down and contest sites are dwindling, please consider attending and showing your support for XC development and sailplane racing in Region 6.

Please know that if there's sufficient interest to justify a R6North the clubs are committed to ensuring its success. Consequently, the two clubs are looking to host a weekend "GTA style" XC Camp/Contest together in 2018 as a practice run for 2019.

SSA members from outside R6 and from nearby R7 and Chicagoland are encouraged to attend and invited to respond to this poll.

Lastly, Ionia often gets a bad rap but can deliver some exceptional conditions at times. Please consider we're tweaking the dates to achieve the highest probability of hosting a successful contest for both Sports and FAI classes.

Sincerely,

Chris Schrader
SSA Director, Region 6

---

Please reply back with the response that best applies to your situation and I will contact interested pilots the near futu

2018 GTA style weekend XC Camp (possibly in SGP format)
MAYBE
LIKELY
FOR SURE

2019 SSA Sanctioned R6 North Contest
MAYBE
LIKELY
FOR SURE

First & Last Name ("Contest ID")
*Please let us know too if you're a Junior.
** We welcome any other comments or suggestions pilots may have for us.