Old January 26th 04, 09:07 PM
Aaron Coolidge

Gene Seibel wrote:
: I need a carb heat shroud/muff for a Cherokee 180. Salvage yards say
: theirs are all cracked. Anyone know of a good source?

They all crack in use. Last year, my mechanic riveted stainless steel
edges onto the aluminum shroud, and it should last forever now.

If you want a new one, try Piper! For some things they're not too expensive.
I bought heater shrouds a couple years ago for something like $300 for the
pair.

Looking at the parts catalog, the part is a "shroud", part numbers
62981-006 (left) and 62981-007 (right), assuming you've got a fiberglass
cowling and the dual exhaust system. Des Moines Flying Service lists
62981-006 for $254.89, and 62981-007 for $308.67.

--
Aaron Coolidge (N9376J)