Old March 25th 04, 04:56 AM
Dean Wilkinson

Doug,

Here is a better way to get off the ground sooner... put a hat on your
head with a propeller on top that is free-wheeling. When you start
your takeoff roll, make sure you make airplane noises, that helps too.

Dean

wrote in message . com...
sci.aeronautics does not allow theory work, only aerodynamics b.s.

So my disclosure of a nice STC project is this invention of mine. It
may have been invented already by somebody else, and I have not read
about it. Either way, if I am the first, it is now a public domain
invention, for all to use!!!

The second reversed pitch auxillary prop is mounted on the free
whelling bearing directly, one inch away from the powered prop. It is
intented to simply increase the efficiency of the powered prop. The
drag of the single free wheeling prop will not be found because it
causes the powered prop to function far better. A dislocation of
logic is to add the single drag experiment to the counter-rotating
invention, and then to deny the function of the second example and not
the first also.

So NASA and aerodynamics moderators, can take a hike. I will try the
double prop experiment on my Cessna150 and report back. It only needs
a runway acceleration test to make the data. It should be fun, a light
wood ultralight prop, spinning in front of the aluminum cessna prop!!!

As a drag inducer it will function fine, except the power must be
removed from the aluminum prop also, this is a physics now not
aerodynamics. A nice decent rate control. And hopefully a 30% reduced
takeoff distance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good fun experimental work, with no 337 needed because it will be taxi
only testing? That is a question. Can I test on the runway, with no
intention to take off? And be FAA legal???

Douglas Eagleson
Gaithersburg, MD USA