Old December 13th 04, 12:26 PM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 03:48:36 GMT, (Paul
Smedshammer) wrote:

This is a bit long winded but I'm looking for qualified opinions as to what
might have happed to an almost total loss of power while in cruise flight in
my Mooney M20F.

Do you have individual cylinder EGT's?

It sure sounds like a problem with fuel flow. When I had a similar problem
it was due to a partially clogged fuel injector, but there could have been
junk in the lines also, or possible on the fuel screen.

Mine did not clear spontaneously, though.

Unless something else comes to mind, I would check the fuel system
carefully, including the screen. Sometimes when the tank sealant starts to
break down, it can cause these kinds of problems.

Also, with regard to induction ice, check the alternate air valve.
Sometimes that valve can jam. I think there was an AD on it some time ago.
(I can't recall if it applied to the F's).