Old April 13th 05, 01:02 AM
Jimmy B.

Grumman-581 wrote:
"Jimmy B." wrote in message
nk.net...

Yes, I have refused to fly with people who I felt were unsafe. I've
also refused to fly as PIC with people who I felt were unsafe. Being
PIC does nothing for you if the other person grabs the yoke on short
final and you both wind up as a flaming ball of wreckage.

Had that happen to me once... Before the flight, I had instructed him that
he was under no circumstances to touch the controls... He freaked out during
a bank, grabbed the yoke and his feet started pumping the rudder pedals... I
put a right elbow with a significant amount of force into his upper torso
area and he let go... If he hadn't, the next elbow was going to be going
into his face... I won't fly with him again...

Yep, that sounds a lot like my experience. Only, with me, I did a
karate chop right to his Adam's apple. His gag reflex made him let go.