Old July 29th 03, 08:18 AM
Julian Scarfe

"Roy Smith" wrote in message

The other advantage to using rudder is that the rudder is more effective
in a stall or spin. In a fully developed spin, the ailerons are
probably useless. When I teach stall recovery, I stress use of the
rudder to pick up a dropping wing.

I've done another exercise with people who insist on trying to use
aileron to pick up a wing drop in a stall. I take control of the yoke
and they get the rudders. The game is for them to keep the plane on a
constant heading while I try to turn us. The rudder wins every time!

There's a great deal of debate in this part of the world at least on the
issue of which control to use to pick up a dropped wing.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthr...threadid=75116

is one such thread. I've not really thought fully through the arguments.
Is yours simply about control authority or is there more to it than that?
Perhaps we should take this one out of .ifr?

Julian Scarfe