Old August 22nd 03, 10:45 AM
Stan Gosnell

"Marty Ross" wrote in
et:

Interesting... There's no such thing as "CFI" or "CFII" anymore??

I guess I'll look into the curricula for all of these -- the "Flight
Instructor" certificate, and the "Instrument Airplane" and "Airplane
Single Engine" variants, as I understand you to be saying. Seems
strange (to me) that it would be easier to get the rating to teach
instrument flying than to teach private or commercial students.

Why? Presumably an instrument student is already competent to fly the
airplane, so you don't have to teach him to do that, just to fly
instruments.