Old November 23rd 05, 12:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Default Oximeter's

When you agree to ferry airplanes around all day for $80, there is not
much left to spend on worthwhile things.

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 05:15:03 GMT, wrote:

In rec.aviation.owning NW_PILOT wrote:
Why Are Oximeter's So Expensive? I was thinking of adding one to my flight
bag but at over $200.00 I am giving it a second thought.

You mean other than they aren't a mass marketed consumer item?

Good CO detectors aren't cheap either.

On the other hand, how much do you have invested in your training and
aircraft?

I'm constantly amazed by people that that don't blink at the cost of
a $100 hamburger but are reluctant to spend a similar amount on
an item that could alert them to a life threatening situtation, especially
since it will most likely be a once in a life time buy if you get a
good one.