Old October 13th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc
John Godwin

Default Seats of commercial airlines

lomcovak wrote in
:

People don't like travelling backwards. Many (most?) military
transports, however, have seats facing backwards. I once flew out
to the USS Eisenhower on a C2 COD and appreciated that when the
caught the arrester wire. Never stopped so suddenly in an
aircraft. Taking off via the catapult was another story ... !

I remember flying the Eastern Airlines Shuttle when they flew the
Lockheed Electra. There were rear-facing seats in the back and
(believe it or not) some folks actually preferred these seats.