Old January 23rd 07, 06:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Barney Rubble

Default Frequency of convictions for lying on FAA medical form

If is "Common knowledge" that many pilots are pathological liars, why can't
you find the evidence? Maybe because you just made that line up.Why don't
you give the FAA a call in OKC, I'm sure they would love to chew the fat
with you....

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
m...
Sally Grozmano wrote:
Hi,

I am familiar with the potential penalties for lying on the FAA
medical, but was curious if anyone had any stats on *actual* convictions
that have occured for this, and what the associated penalties were? It
seems to be "common knowledge" that many pilots do lie, but I never hear
of actual convictions.

Don't know if there are many convictions. The FAA doesn't have to go to
that length, they can levy civil penalties and pull the pilot and medical
certificates without having to go through any criminal action.
This certainly happens, a number of unreported DUI's have ended up that
way I know.

The FAA did lodge criminal charges against the guys who were found to
have claimed to be disabled to the SSA and not injured to the FAA.