Old March 14th 09, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Altimeter pilot watch?

On Mar 13, 4:43 am, Dana M. Hague wrote:
Before that I had an Avocet altimeter watch; I don't really recall but
I think it had a similar setting.

If find it most useful for paragliding; I don't use it in the plane.

And that's about how much I used any fancy watches I had. Most
of these watches are just expensive ways to impress non-pilots (and
they usually don't care) and they're so big and thick that they're
forever in the way or catching on something.
The one I wear now is a $30 Timex "turn and pull" analog watch
that lets me set the alarm real quick and easy. No tiny numbers or a
multitude of buttons and modes to get confused with when I want to set
the thing, or reset when I want to sleep for another half hour. And
it's not so ridiculously big.

Dan