Old January 16th 13, 04:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Janus 2-seat glider as a club glider?

We, the Soaring Club of Houston, are looking to expand beyond our current training program of the private license and into the cross country development arena. We are looking for a good 2 seat XC ship that the club XC coaches (5000+ hrs in XC) can fly with a newbie and yet keep up with the LS-4, ASW-20 single seaters, without the $120K expense of a Duo Discus.

Would appreciate all input from clubs who have a similar structure and how they solved the 2 seat XC capable ship problem.

Thanks,
Tony
TS1