Old September 3rd 08, 11:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

Default Amphibious Planes

"Gezellig" wrote in message
On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 20:51:49 -0700 (PDT), Robert M. Gary wrote:

Right now its a major issue in California. Apparently some mussels are
spreading across the South and have now taken up in SoCal. Many in
central/northern California are very worried about it. Some lakes just
have signs about avoiding certain lakes and not putting your boat in a
strange lake unless its been out of the water for 30 days. Some
places, like Clearlake, have made it a criminal offense to put
anything in the water that has not been issued an official seal by an
inspector.

http://www.co.lake.ca.us/Government/...Prevention.htm

-Robert

http://www.gma.org/surfing/human/zebra.html

Now I understand, gruesome buggers, aren't they?

Hmmmm. More and more, when I read these sorts on things, I wonder...
did we, or the europeans, outlaw a method of control for "environmental"
reasons?

Just a little more food for thought.

Peter