Old September 3rd 08, 06:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Gezellig

Default Amphibious Planes

On Mon, 01 Sep 2008 21:51:36 GMT, Mike wrote:

"Gezellig" wrote in message
Who determines where you can or cannot land one?

Whoever owns the water.

On a side note, I emailed ICON and they referred me to the seaplane
directory. I asked about the "boating" aspect, that is if a license was
needed since you can, theoretically, move around the lake in it. Got a
"No" but I wonder when "No" becomes "Yes".Several lakes I would like to
fly into have adequate landing lengths but ramps would be miles away (if
you were to pull to the dry for a trailer.

Hm, come to think of it, I wonder if you could dry or wet slip an ICON?