Old June 4th 08, 04:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Power LEDs

On Jun 2, 8:06*am, "RST Engineering" wrote:
Much better, more light for the same current, LedEngin from Mouser. *Less
expensive and the packaging is far superior. *Coming up September issue, as
I recall.

Jim

--
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought
without accepting it."

wrote in message

JIm Weir,
I noted your article in the current issue of KP on LEDs.

I have purchased a small quanity of these. *hard to find as they were
recalled *- lens were coming off in production. *160 lm @ 1000ma
http://lumileds.com/pdfs/DS60.pdf
My plans are to create a Rudder TE light bar and strobe them.
Currently on the shelf with another project ahead of it.
Jim Heffelfinger
Sacramento- Hide quoted text -

The cost of the LXK2-PWC4-160 units were $3.41 from Future
Electronics. I had no idea there were 15 watt units out there.
Thanks for the lead.
Jim Heffelfinger