Old November 4th 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default ASG-29 versus Ventus 2CX

Bumper, the ASH-26 wing is dry. As I understand teh problem is when
you fill the 27 or 29's wings with water. Schempp has been building
wet wings for many generations of gliders, while AS is somewhat new to
wet wing construction.

On Nov 4, 10:02 am, "bumper" wrote:
"UFO" wrote in oglegroups.com...
It is common knowledge who's gliders wings change

shape shortly after delivery and who's don't.

John Sullivan UFO
.While I didn't know about this when I ordered my ship 5 years ago, some

purchasers have insisted the manufacturer oven cure the wings a second time,
this to help insure the wing profile has a better chance of remaining
constant post delivery.

My ASH26E wings show no signs of change and there no cracks either even with
climbs high into Sierra wave (though cracking doesn't seem to be the issue
on AS ships that it has been on some others).

bumper

Proudly saving up for a new Wankel engine (should that ever be needed) by
selling five dollar Quit Vent kits and MKII yaw strings to millions of
glider pilots everywhere (g).