Old November 22nd 18, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Waveguru

Default Playing Chicken With The Birds

I have also flown with many eagles on the ridges of Hood River, Oregon. The 1-26 was the best ship for ridge soaring with the eagles. I followed one for several miles on one such occasion, staying back a couple hundred yards, but he obviously didn't like me following him. At one point he hit a thermal and started maneuvered in a puzzling way, and I wondered what the heck he was doing. As he got into position in front and slightly above me he took a HUGE dump! It spread out and looked like it was gunna to cover the entire glider. It must have been at least two rabbits worth. I let out a little scream, and executed an abrupt dive and managed to avoid the crap. It was a very clear message, and I let him continue on in solitude....

Boggs