Old July 10th 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.misc,uk.rec.aviation,uk.transport.air,rec.aviation.products
Sylvain

Default Concorde - join the campaign

Keith W wrote:

Obsolete does not mean unprofitable. Perhaps you should
acquire a dictionary.

don't be pedantic; it was obsolte as a blue print -- and
so is the A380 -- because it was trying to solve a problem
that was no longer relevant or never existed, other than
in the imagination of the decision makers: fly faster across the
Atlantic (considering the severly limited range of the Concorde,
and the fact that nobody wanted the dang thing to overfly them
at supersonic speed, it couldn't really be used for anything
else), who cares? when most of the time spent travelling is
spent waiting in line at the large hub airport (and traveling
to and from said large hub airport), or in the case
of the A380 competing with the boeing 747 thirty years to
late, and when it has been clear for quite a while now that
the big-hub-to-big-hub model of air transport no longer
make sense.

that said, if the private sector wants to sink money into
projects like that, I am all for it; hey, let's try to
raise some money to build the largest pyramid too while we
are at it.

--Sylvain