Old July 17th 07, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Judah

Default Investigators Say Student Pilots Should Be Flagged

Andy Hawkins wrote in
:

Hi,

In article ,
Peter wrote:
However, in my none too humble opinion, it has nothing whatsoever to do
with the cited accident--in which the student pilot's status was
presumably well known.

I'm not too sure of this. If you read the full report, I think it's said
that there was a change of ATC personnel between the time the student
took off, and when he landed.

I have to agree with Peter on this one.

A specific set of unique and random circumstances caused an unfortunate, but
unique and random accident. There is no call to start create regulations to
protect from this specific set of unique and random circumstances from ever
happening again.

The change of ATC personnel is yet another contributing but random
circumstance that is not likely to be repeated with any frequency demanding a
regulation.