Old July 16th 03, 03:30 PM
Ron Natalie

"Robert Henry" wrote in message news:QQ1Ra.15617$o54.10140@lakeread05...

Perhaps (words twice), the safety pilot who agrees to be/log PIC should
understand the liability they are accepting for the flight even though they
are not manipulating the controls. At least, that is the more important
issue to me. Also, as I understand it, PIC MUST (not better) be worked out
in advance.

Anytime you have more than one pilot in an airplane, it behooves them
to understand what their respective roles are going to be. The "MUST"
means that you have to know who is the PIC at the time the fight is
occurring, you can't just sit down and juggle the numbers later. How
can the PIC assume his job of responsibility if he only finds out he had
the job after the flight was over?