Old September 7th 04, 08:21 PM
B2431

From: er (Agamemnon)
Date: 9/7/2004 10:43 AM Central Daylight Time
In article
(Typhoon502) wrote:

(Transition Zone) wrote in message
. com...

Really ?? Then why did Bush's commanders utter this

statement about his
attendance ??

"[He] has not been observed".

That's not equivalent to "absent" or "AWOL", though. I know

I've had
days at work where my boss never sees me. That statement can't
qualify as proof of GWB not serving his duty.

Spin 'til you're dizzy -- that's just exactly what it means.

In the military, when a person's rating officer does not observe
him, it means that that person never showed up.

Which proves you never spent a day in the military. "Not observed" is a
statement used in reports, it is not the same as AWOL. It simply means the
reporter/rater hadn't observed the ratee. If he had been AWOL the report would
have said so.

I'll simplify this for you: AWOL is a legal definition IAW the UCMJ. If he was
AWOL and such was documented in any official report there would also exist
documentation of charges. The MCM describes procedures for taking action.

The UCMJ is available online at many sites. The MCM may be too.

Since you have no military experience:
MCM = manual for courtsmartial,
UCMJ = uniform code of military justice.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired