Old January 21st 04, 03:18 AM
Ben Jackson

In article ,
C J Campbell wrote:
I have no problem with flying the ILS at 90 or 100 knots if the ceiling is
well above minimums, but it seems to me that if the ceiling is 200 feet
overcast you ought to be flying the approach slowly enough

You really want people flying differently in tough weather conditions?
You're better off flying what you practiced. If you can't fly a 100kt
ILS and land after breaking out at 200' you should either practice that
or fly all of your approaches at 90kt.

If you pull power and put in 10 degrees of flaps (haven't the last 30
years or so worth of 172 allowed the first 10 degrees at like 110kts?)
you'll be down to full flap speed in a matter of seconds and after that
you can drop like a brick if you want.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/