Old July 9th 08, 11:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

Default Flexible exhaust tubing

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 18:21:43 -0700, "Stuart & Kathryn Fields"
wrote:

I'm looking for a source of 1 1/2" flexible exhaust tubing. Mild steel is
acceptable. I want to use it for a model of the headers of a tuned exhaust
for my 0320 Lycoming engine that I have mounted in my Baby Belle helicopter.
The idea is to have 4 equal length pieces attached to exhaust flanges bolted
to the cylinders, arrange the 4 pieces to intercept the 4-into-1 collector,
coat the tubing with epoxy resin so that the shape is maintained and then
present these pieces to be copied by the exhaust bender.

Stu

hey stewie go down to the local electrical place and buy yourself 4
vacuum cleaners, or find a 'vacuums are us' and buy 4 replacement
flexible wands. they are plastic, are flexible and are the diameter
you need.

good luck on the chopper.

btw I have seen an RV6 that used 4 pipes into one with no muffler at
all. it was the quietest aeroplane engine I've ever heard. I dont know
what the trick was in the geometry but it used the same engine as you
are using. some amazing stuff is possible there.

Stealth Pilot