Old May 10th 16, 09:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Contest "viewing"

With Nephi hosting 3 nationals at once this June, we thought a real time tracking solution could be really exciting. The solutions we found would cost us many thousands of dollars unfortunately.

I would love to see the SSA consider investing some of the $55 "sanction fees" each contestant pays at any contest (and have been paying for years now) and invest in a system that can be used at all nationals for all of us to follow and enjoy.

By the way, where has the tens of thousands $$ already collected from these sanction fees gone to? I hope not just the SSA general operating fund, but to something racing related to hopefully grow contest participation...

There was one gps system a while back that looked really cool showing real time data of all sailplanes competing, but the cost for renting all of the equipment would be something in the range of $15,000 for just one full contest!

Fun to dream about what may be someday...
Bruno - B4