Old January 7th 05, 08:58 PM
Andrew Chaplin

Arved Sandstrom wrote:

What are they used for, specifically? I'd assume ammo distribution, but I
could be wrong. We weren't quite that fortunate in 10th Marines - *we* were
the rough terrain forklifts. One tends to become rather athletic on an M198
gun section, at least until that point in time where you wreck a knee or
throw out your lower back.

Ammo handling. We intended to shoot *lots* of bullets in short periods
and if you were deployed close to a dump IAW the CFSP then you could
likely not move ammo in the quantities you needed without an RTFL
unless you didn't care about things like the track plan.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO