Old June 21st 04, 06:33 PM
Marty Shapiro

(Robert M. Gary) wrote in
om:

I"m in the same boat, my company would never allow me to fly. $1M
policy wouldn't even pay for their large legal staff. I assume only
people who work for very small companies are able to use the $1M
policy to encourage the use of flying themselves. Most companies seem
to want at least $10M. When you are talking about companies that have
more than $100M in stock issued, $1M doesn't sound like much.

-Robert

Size of the company is not always the answer. It depends to a great extent
on the attitude of the top executive. When T.J. Watson Jr. was alive, even
after he had stepped down as Chairman and was only Chairman Emeritus, IBM
had a very liberal policy regarding the use of private aircraft on company
business. That all changed after he died.

--
Marty Shapiro
Silicon Rallye Inc.

(remove SPAMNOT to email me)