Old September 13th 04, 09:38 PM
news

In message , Scott Ferrin
writes
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:45:11 GMT,
(John S. Shinal) wrote:

"John A. Weeks III" wrote:
Yeah, but it was glorious while it was flying.

No doubt. Best I've ever seen, but I haven't seen it all. I
can't imagine how you top that one. Maybe a matching KC-10.

Any idea what happened ?

His return leg on the orbit was pretty hot, and the RC forum
was discussing the wind speed. No aileron on the low wing, with a very
steep bank, and not enough authority from the high wing's spoiler. It
was digging into a steeply banked downwindturn, and it looks like it
stalled and tucked the nose lower. Not enough height to pull it out.

About twenty years ago (honest) there was a 747/Shuttle combo being
flown. Had about a twelve foot wingspan. I'm waiting for someone to
do an XB-70 powered by six turbines.

There is a group here that has a 1:10 scale Globemaster III

some pictures

http://www.angelfire.com/wa3/ipmspea...0Big%20Bird.ht
Right, you lot start coding, I'll go and see what they want.
"nullus anxietus sanguinae!"

Andrew