Old March 29th 04, 04:54 AM
Roger Halstead

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 05:24:25 GMT, "SeeAndAvoid"
wrote:

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote
The problem there is that they have formed an organization, and it is the

org
that is sueing these pilots. You don't have grounds for a countersuit

unless this
one is settled in favor of the pilots. After that occurs, they'll disolve

the
organization, and you won't have anyone to sue.

Actually the complaint was not filed by the organization, but by
individuals, it can be seen at
http://www.stopthenoise.org/docs/COMPLAINT.ammended.pdf

Plaintiffs:
Robert F. Casey, Jr. 92 Washington Street, Ayer, Massachusetts. This
presumably is the lawyer that someone said is donating his time, but is also
a Plaintiff.
Rita A. Casey, 92 Washington Street, Ayer, Massachusetts
David McCoy, 187 Old Groton Road, Ayer, Massachusetts
Amy McCoy, 187 Old Groton Road, Ayer, Massachusetts
Gerard Hall, 34 Lovett Lane, Chelmsford, Massachusetts.
Beverly Smith, 435 Old Ayer Road, Groton, Massachusetts
The STN site is pretty low tech and a bunch of rambling nonsense. I like
this quote "FAA is an organization of General Aviation pilots tasked with
policing, among other things, General Aviation". Really?
And "It is not our intent to shut down General Aviation", yet a couple
months
ago, this same guy, Bill Burgoyne, said "There is no reason people need to
have them (small airplanes) for transportation as private vehicles"
article at
http://www.generalaviationnews.com/e...olumn&-nothing

Another website, that is a little more professionally done and more
objective is
http://www.planesenseofgroton.org/
although they are publicly posting N-numbers of airplanes that offend them.
Is
that legal?

And if you want to see the height of anti aviation fascism, check out
http://pages.prodigy.net/rockaway/newsletter229.htm
Anyone else seen this garbage? These people have way too much time on
their hands.

I may be wrong, but it seems like "ol' Bill" tried to get his license
once and failed. Now has it in for anything to do with aviation.
Course I could just be mis-remembering. That did happen one time when
I thought I was wrong, but really was so... never mind.

And http://www.us-caw.org/ US Citizens Aviation Watch. Check the link for
Monitored Airports, see if you're being watched.

Most, but certainly not all are a bunch of nut cases. There are some
level headed ones who just don't like the noise, but if you follow the
noise pollution newsgroups you will see about 90% of the posts come
from only a few people who are just plain not rational.

However they do pose a threat to aviation in general, not just general
aviation. Some of them are pretty radical.

I know I'm not alone in these groups that this is all very disturbing.
Especially if you are operating legally within the regs and being threatened
in one way or another. I was once, ONCE. (Johnny Dangerously reference).
Time to take the
fight back to them.

When it comes to law I know about zip, but I learned two things from a
friend who is a lawyer.

In cases like this where they are obviously trying to intimidate and
harass the pilots, if at all possible file counter suits in amounts
large enough it will scare off all but the diehards and if you win
it'll make your lawyers rich. The other is you really do get all the
justice you can afford, unless you are very, very lucky.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Chris