Old January 5th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Anywhere WX

Jonathan Goodish wrote

Control Vision's quality control problems have nothing to do
with having to run on multiple PDAs, and everything to do with
the fact that CV just doesn't care about quality control; this
is evidenced by the fact that quality control issues are often
most prevalent in the databases. I suspect that the investment
required to operate a quality control program just isn't worth
the expense to CV's president. AnywhereMap was basically a
hobbyist project that CV's president decided to sell, and I
don't think that it's ever become anything more than a hobbyist
project in his mind. The software has some nice capabilities if
you don't mind constant tinkering, but the software and
databases are certainly not "production quality." While the
system as it was worked fine for me, I couldn't stand the
incessant tinkering required to make it work well.

I was an early purchaser of Anywhere Map way back in 2000 and
abandoned it after a year of complete frustration due to the
same issues as above, an amateur product produced and managed
by amateurs.

Bob Moore