Old December 24th 14, 09:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Default Is Glideplan still relevant?

Same response as others. I use it for contests - both as CD and as Competitor. I figure it saves me a couple of hours before I fly at every new site. Instead of having to tape together a bunch of sectionals, draw distance rings (poortly) with the calipers I had in middle school, then find all of the turnpoints.... I just load a couple of fonts and print out a perfect, current map.

It's also a nice way to brief people new to a site (contest or otherwise).

P3