Old October 21st 04, 02:18 PM
Daniel L. Lieberman

Gig,

Read again carefully. First) he says "your president" if it was the
president of HIS flying club he should or would have said MY president.
Further he indicates that HE is a "power hungry..." that would not seem
likely if the president of his flying club was of a similar ilk. Second)
this thread is about the TSA.

In any event I have accomplished my goal of explaining to a probably UK or
ANZUS citizen the nature of the US government and see nothing to be gained
by further continuing this thread.

Daniel

"Gig Giacona" wrote in message
Christ Daniel, he was talking about the president of his damn flying club.

Get a grip.

"Daniel L. Lieberman" wrote in message
Geoffrey,

On the assumption that your use of the words "your president" imply that
you are not a citizen of the USA which possibility is perhaps supported
by the spelling of your name, I would explain that the TSA is an agency
of the executive branch of the US government. While the president is the
head of that branch he does not personally make 99.9 +% of the decisions
personally. Thus the "power-hungry" epithet may apply to you as regards
your personal actions in your club but would not be supported by this
agency action. Your ignorance, if it exists, is clearly justifiable
since many of the American hoi polloi believe that the president can
institute a draft - an action which can only be done by the legislative
branch of the US Government. This is, of course, different from the
British model in which the PM heads both the legislative and executive
elements of the government.

Daniel

P.S. I personally don't agree with this action by the TSA.

"Geoffrey Barnes" wrote in message
nk.net...
And I thought *I* was a power-hungry glory hound as the V.P. of my club.
But your president really sounds like he is trying to throw his weight
around on this one. He's really got me beat!

---