Old March 2nd 05, 05:13 PM
Ace

Hi there,

My son just turned nine - however he has been flying FS2004 since he
was about seven.

Granted there is a lot he does not understand about flying (I.E nav,
GPS, etc...) However he has no problems choosing an aircraft, and
flying it. I had to do quite a bit of coaching initially in order to
get him to understand the joystick and what each button is for. I
found that flying in external view helped him tremendously. Now days
he flys quite well (even the odd landing) I have realism set to easy
for him and I have turned off "detect crashes"

My daughter who is the same age (twins) occasionally jumps in too and
flys around.

I would certainly recommend it. Just bear prepared for some coaching
early on.

Ian
www.fstv.us