Old March 7th 16, 07:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Whisky

Default Wedekind Sleeve Source?

Le dimanche 6 mars 2016 16:27:13 UTC+1, a écrit*:
On Wednesday, March 2, 2016 at 7:06:17 PM UTC-5, ZP wrote:
Kevin, checking in to see if you ever installed them. This is still something I'm considering.

Thanks.
-Dirk

Not yet. I got the parts and looked over everything carefully, but my IA has been tied up working on a power plane that has been rode hard and put up wet.

In looking things over, I have decided to do the Wedikind Sleeves on the ailerons, and will do the Unreling on the dive brakes. The Ailerons are easier on the DG-400, they unscrew, where the dive brakes are riveted and GLUED, making it very difficult if not impossible to get them apart without damage.

The glue is Araldit. If you heat it up to around 100°C, it will come apart easily.