Old November 5th 03, 02:24 PM
nafod40

Doug \"Woody\" and Erin Beal wrote:

Don't take that as NFO bashing. I've got a lot of respect for B/N's, WSO's,
and RIO's in the systems weapons and sensor supported weapons roles. It's
great to have one guy totally focused on target acq and weapons support
leaving the pilot to flying form and avoiding the threat.

I just think that their additional utility (given current technology) in the
air-to-air arena is limited.

I'm sure I'm going to get many responses from this one. Seriously, folks,
not a troll.

I think the real battle of the decade is going to be how many pilots
will remain in the cockpit. There's going to be some paradimg shifts
going on soon.