Old June 27th 04, 01:18 AM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "The Weiss Family" said:
They cost is $4000 to join (returned when you leave).
Then $179 monthly dues.
And then $80/hr wet rate for either plane.

That seems pretty high to me. Our club
(http://www.rochesterflyingclub.com/) costs $795 to join (not returned
when you leave), $80 monthly dues (plus $24 a year for "self insurance",
so call it $82 a month), and aircraft cost between $60/hr wet for the
Warrior to $116/hr wet for the Lance (assuming we figure out how to insure
it next year).

There are 15 members of this club.

Well, ok we've got 50 members for five aircraft, so you've got a slightly
better plane/person ratio.

However, if there is $$$ left over, where does it usually go?

Engine reserves, prop reserves, upgrade fund. Have to budget for those
Garmin 530s somehow, right?

Is a flying club a "for profit" business?

Not usually.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
If Alan Turing was alive today, the homosexuality